cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: What should it mean to +1 a release
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2014 19:27:17 GMT
On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, there's a reason we do cadence.  Of course, Apache seems to
> despise cadence and the release early, release often thing.

There is no Apache policy stopping Cordova from scheduling release votes on a
fixed cadence.  CouchDB does it now -- here's Dave Cottlehuber singing its
praises:

    http://s.apache.org/aV7

    I agree; in the CouchDB community we had a similar experience. Addressing
    it has been positive both for our brand and for our community. It's also
    been a triumph of Apache values of community over code, demonstrating that
    the incubator process, as well as addressing legal concerns via due
    diligence, is also capable of sustaining communities who can survive the
    acrimonious departure of the founder. Moving to a time-driven release has
    helped us enormously.

Marvin Humphrey