cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Bond-Caron <>
Subject RE: [cordova-js] do we need <clobbers/>, <merges/> ?
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 23:55:43 GMT
On Tue Apr 8 03:50 PM, Andrew Grieve wrote:
> The question of whether we *need* them is not a good way to phrase it I think.
> Rather:
> Pros?

- Cordova doesn't pick a style of writing modules/plugins
- More control over how plugin loading works

Prefer this approach for now, might be a better way to do this eventually:

Good points by Alex Young, James Burke

> Cons?

- No way to require() or import() other plugins, e.g. extend a plugin
- Difficult to "test" cordova plugins
- Shouldn't need to compile/transform/transpile a plugin to test it

> Worth changing at this point?

Not a fan of any 'bundling' tool with so many dependencies:

The ES6 web modules situation is evolving, but still messy:

Seems better to experiment more
View raw message