cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] The Future of Ripple as a Top Level ASF Project
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 19:05:09 GMT
On 24 Apr 2014, at 19:49, Brian LeRoux wrote:

> no, no…we fully plan on donating all that source back into apache
> (and it
> is open already [1][2])
>
> these things serve different purposes and have different limitations.
> ripple works offline and only requires a web browser which is very
> useful.
>
> I only wish we had more capability to support the project. whether it
> is a
> TLP or a part of Cordova doesn't really matter

Suggestion:

  - Cordova committers with interest just ask for commit access on the
ripple podling
  - there is one or two persons who might be eligible for becoming
ripple committers

After that we just need to sort out all copyright related issues. As we
have Cordovians as PMC on board,
it should be possible to move out (no guarantees), even with no release
made.

Despite the recent discussions I trust a TLP project to know how
releases are done
and that there is no need to let the podling make a formal release
before moving out.

However the question is: who is willing to join as Ripple committer and
dedicate some time to sort out
the things we need to clean up?

Hands up, Gents :-)

> [1] https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-app-developer
> [2] https://github.com/phonegap/connect-phonegap
>

> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 8:39 AM, Igor Costa <igorcosta@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> That's good to be adopted by Apache, but turns out that conflicts
>> directly
>> to Phonegap App which does a better integration/development
>> experience.
>>

>> That's my point of view.
>>
>> ----------------------------
>> Igor Costa
>> www.igorcosta.com
>> www.igorcosta.org
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 11:22 AM, Ross Gerbasi <rgerbasi@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I am also into this idea and would totally be into working on code
>> make
>>> that happen. Seems like we could just come up with a simple
>>> structure a
>>> plugin could follow to provide emulation in the browser? This could
>>> be
>>> through some UI panel or just simple dummy data being returned from
>> calls.
>>> The plugin could really make that call.
>>>
>>> If we do go this route maybe we could rethink how ripple is
>>> integrated
>> into
>>> the workflow? Is it possible to just make it another platform?
>>>
>>> Lastly now that Chrome has much stronger emulation support could we
>>> lean
>> on
>>> it for Device, Screen, User Agent and basic sensor emulation then
>>> just
>> have
>>> ripple (or this new platform) deal with cordova specific calls and
>> plugins?

>>> just
>> in
>>> atleast