cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Terence M. Bandoian" <tere...@tmbsw.com>
Subject Re: Some pain points from our users :'(
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 21:50:49 GMT
For what it's worth, the biggest problem I've had in upgrading is with
'phonegap plugin add <plugin>'.  The native code gets copied but
cordova_plugins.js doesn't get updated and the plugin JS isn't wrapped
in a call to cordova.define.  In a couple of Stack Overflow posts,
running 'phonegap build <platform>' after adding a plugin is suggested
but I don't see that documented in the Phonegap docs.  Plus, that
overwrites the www directory so it has to be copied beforehand which is
troublesome if there are platform-specific customizations.  (Is that the
only time the outer www is used?)  In addition, I didn't find
documentation for the contents of cordova_plugins.js or the linkage
between it and the plugin JS so I wasn't sure what was required and had
to piece that together on my own.  In the end, I manually updated
cordova_plugin.js and the plugin JS files which is way more hairs than I
think was intended.

Overall, I still think Cordova is great framework but that improved
documentation would go a long way towards making that more apparent.

-Terence