cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Freak Show <freaksho...@me.com>
Subject Re: Some pain points from our users :'(
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 20:49:41 GMT

On Apr 28, 2014, at 1:36 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:

> This wasn't necessary and I was against it.

Cool - now there are two of us.

> These reasons were legal, and it was done to keep PhoneGap open
> source.  If we didn't do this, we wouldn't be having this
> conversation.

And this explains where there is a phonegap cli tool and a cordova cli tool and they work
differently?  Nevermind plugman which I totally can't figure out.

I don't even want cli tools.  I don't care about them  I was perfectly happy doing git clones
into a directory.  I just want a well documented directory structure and I'll put my stuff
together thanks.

None of my experiments with your cli tools and my own plugins have panned out.  In the end
I end up with
a very custom XCode and/or Eclipse project that somehow I've made work via various bits of
lucky hackery.  We're just building apps out here, its not rocket science and if your users
had a lot of free time on their hands, they'd build native apps instead.  Consider that.

I think when you get to the point that you're writing software that writes software you really
need to take a step back and think about what you're doing.