cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ray Camden <rayca...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: [Discuss] The Future of Ripple as a Top Level ASF Project
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 18:06:10 GMT
Oh - when I read your call for Ripple devs to 'switch', I had assumed it was something already
done.
From: agrieve@google.com <agrieve@google.com> on behalf of Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 11:49 AM
To: dev
Subject: Re: [Discuss] The Future of Ripple as a Top Level ASF Project

Right, it doesn't exist yet (no one's picked up working on it). +Brian made
the original pitch for it, but my understanding is that it is meant to be
adding first-class support for testing Cordova apps in the browser, but do
so by being a fully-supported cordova platform.

Another way to look at this is to say that there's already a place for
Ripple to go within Cordova. The core logic should go into cordova-browser.
Plugin logic should go into each plugin repo under the "browser" platform.
And the bridge interception piece should go into cordova-js. If there is
still need for a ripple server after all of this, then that belongs inside
of cordova-cli.