cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Polivy <...@busstop.org>
Subject WP8 Plugin Architecture & Access to CordovaView
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2014 01:27:43 GMT
Hello,

I'm fairly new to Cordova, but so far have found it pretty easy to get my existing mobile
website up and running as an app using various native components. Thanks for all of your work
to get to this point! As I progress in my development, I find myself with an architectural/dev
question about the framework that I'd appreciate hearing your input on.

At the moment, I am focused on the WP8 and iOS versions of my app. For plugins, I've noticed
that the iOS CDVPlugin class contains a reference to the main UIWebView, the Android CordovaPlugin
class gets the CordovaInterface and CordovaWebView references, but on the WP8 side, the BaseCommand
class seems fairly well isolated from the corresponding CordovaView. I have a scenario using
the FileTransfer plugin which requires the WebRequest to utilize the same cookies as the main
WebBrowser for my file transfer to succeed. I believe I can make this work by setting the
WebRequest.CookieContainer = WebBrowser.GetCookies() (pseudo-code) - but getting access to
the WebBrowser from the plugin seems difficult the way things are.

I was going to look at plumbing the CordovaView through to the BaseCommand class, similar
to how it's done on the iOS side, and submit a pull request to the cordova-wp8 repo when I'm
done. But first, I wanted to check with you to see if this was a terrible idea, or if you
had any better suggestions on how to implement this? I'd much prefer to give something back
than hack a one-off solution for myself.

Thanks,
Dan