cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-seg...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: plugman create plugin on Windows issues
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 14:21:36 GMT
Hi Lisa,

Could you please run 'cordova plugin add C:\workspaces\lisa\TestPlugin' from cordova app root
and see if it works?

-Sergey
From: Lisa Seacat DeLuca [mailto:ldeluca@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 6:00 PM
To: Cordova Dev (dev@cordova.apache.org)
Subject: plugman create plugin on Windows issues

I've walked through the plugman plugin creation documentation and am having a few issues on
Windows.  I'd like to cleanup the docs and also get more experience creating a 3rd party plugin.

1. first I created my new plugin

C:\workspaces\lisa>plugman create --name TestPlugin --plugin_id com.ibm.cordova.plugin.test
--plugin_version 0.1

2. then I added the android platform:

C:\workspaces\lisa\TestPlugin>plugman platform add --platform_name android

that is all okay, i see the android directory under the src directory.

3. Then I create a new cordova project to add my plugin to:

C:\workspaces\lisa>cordova create test com.ibm.test Test
Creating a new cordova project with name "Test" and id "com.ibm.test" at location "C:\workspaces\lisa\test"

C:\workspaces\lisa>cd test

C:\workspaces\lisa\test>cordova platform add android
Creating android project...
Creating Cordova project for the Android platform:
        Package: com.ibm.test
        Name: Test
        Android target: android-19
Copying template files...
Running: android update project --subprojects --path "platforms\android" --targe
t android-19 --library "CordovaLib"
Resolved location of library project to: C:\workspaces\bluemix\test\platforms\an
droid\CordovaLib
Updated and renamed default.properties to project.properties
Updated local.properties
No project name specified, using Activity name 'Test'.
If you wish to change it, edit the first line of build.xml.
Added file C:\workspaces\lisa\test\platforms\android\build.xml
Added file C:\workspaces\lisa\test\platforms\android\proguard-project.txt
Updated project.properties
Updated local.properties
No project name specified, using project folder name 'CordovaLib'.
If you wish to change it, edit the first line of build.xml.
Added file C:\workspaces\lisa\test\platforms\android\CordovaLib\build.xml
Added file C:\workspaces\lisa\test\platforms\android\CordovaLib\proguard-oject.txt

Project successfully created.
Generating config.xml from defaults for platform "android"
Preparing android project

4. Then I install the new plugin on the project I created:
THIS IS WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING:

C:\workspaces\lisa\test>plugman install --platform android --project C;\works
paces\lisa\test\www --plugin C:\workspaces\lisa\TestPlugin
Installing com.ibm.cordova.plugin.test (android)
ENOENT, no such file or directory 'C:\workspaces\lisa\test\C;\workspaces\lisa\test\www\AndroidManifest.xml'

*** failed so I try again, this time I see:
C:\workspaces\bluemix\test>plugman install --platform android --project C;\works
paces\lisa\test\www --plugin C:\workspaces\lisa\TestPlugin
Installing com.ibm.cordova.plugin.test (android)
Error during processing of action! Attempting to revert...
Uh oh!
"C:\workspaces\lisa\test\C;\workspaces\lisa\test\www\src\com\ibm\cordova\p
lugin\lisa\TestPlugin\TestPlugin.java"
already exists!

**** try to uninstall
C:\workspaces\lisa\test>plugman uninstall --platform android --project C;\wor
kspaces\lisa\test\www --plugin C:\workspaces\lisa\TestPlugin
Plugin "C:\workspaces\lisa\TestPlugin" not found. Already
uninstalled?

Any suggestions on what I may have done wrong would be appreciated.  Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa Seacat DeLuca
Mobile Engineer | t: +415.787.4589 | ldeluca@apache.org<mailto:ldeluca@apache.org> |
DeLuca on linkedin] <http://www.linkedin.com/in/lisaseacat>