cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Soref <jso...@blackberry.com>
Subject Re: Many CLI tests failing
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 16:05:39 GMT
https://github.com/blackberry/cordova-cli/tree/cb_6337

Should cover both of my breaks.

I¹m waiting for our CI tooling to confirm it¹s happy before I submit a
pull request for it.

Maybe sometime in the near future I¹ll try to rework the tests to use an
in-memory-psuedo-filesystem so that we can stop having to add all these
stupid lies.

Tests shouldn¹t be so brittle that changing code which has no relation to
a test results in a broken test. If we¹re lying and pretending that
there¹s e.g. a "lib/dir", then that directory needs to sufficiently exist
‹ adding code which makes a perfectly reasonable assumption ³this
directory which someone claimed exists exists² shouldn¹t break a test
which pretended the directory existed.

The CordovaError bit is different (and entirely my fault), I think I must
have failed to commit the requires update, because I remember doing the
greps for it...