cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Brooks <mich...@michaelbrooks.ca>
Subject Re: UX / UI: New Splash Screens & Icons
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2014 21:24:33 GMT
Sidney, I like the flat Cordova logo design as well, but I have to agree
with points made by Jesse and Yohei.

The flat Cordova logo is an excellent chance for us to distinguish the
Mobile Spec and Hello World apps. I'm in favour of updating Mobile Spec to
use the flat logo. The new flat designs should also be added to the Artwork
section of the website, so that anyone can use it in a presentation or
revise it later.

However, that's where it should stop.

We desperately need an open source designer and if you're interesting in
helping, that would be awesome! The Cordova homepage, blog, and plugins
repository could really use a designer's input and attention. However, I
think the visual design should remain consistent and we should keep the
original Cordova logo for the homepage and Hello World app. It's consistent
and has no real problem aside from not jumping on the flat design
bandwagon. Your time and talent can have a far greater impact elsewhere.

Michael