cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject [Android] Refactoring for different engines
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 23:57:03 GMT
So, after looking at the Crosswalk code again, I've decided to take a
quick stab at making things pluggable.  I don't have a lot to show for
it, but with the help of Eclipse (which is why the generated
interfaces look so screwed up), I managed to create some interfaces so
we can start shoehorning in other browser renderers.

https://github.com/infil00p/cordova-android/tree/pluggable_webview

I'm going to probably start with Crosswalk, because it's probably the
most mature primary candidate in the Android Third-Party WebView
thing, and I'm pretty sure the GeckoView will be happening shortly
after.

I don't know how this would work w.r.t. the CLI or our workflow at
all, but at the moment, I really just want to at least start to have
some headway towards 4.x and PhoneGap day.

What do people think of this so far? I'm going to try to clean things
up a bit, since we've definitely done a lot of things that would make
first year CS profs freak the hell out (i.e. public members in public
objects w.r.t. PluginManager).

Thoughts?

Joe