cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Android] Refactoring for different engines
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 23:21:48 GMT
Hey

I just committed some code based on their WebView modifications that
allows you to choose your renderer in the config file with this:

    <preference name="webView"
value="org.apache.cordova.engine.crosswalk.XWalkCordovaWebView" />

You currently have to copy over the *.pak file and the jsapi from a
Crosswalk Example project to get this to work.  The next thing that
I'm going to do is figure out how to write this as a plugin and have
it install on a default project.  Also, right now the bridge doesn't
seem to work, and I don't know why exactly.  That being said, the fact
that I can choose which version of Chrome/Chromium I'm running with a
single XML preference is HUGE.

There's definitely a lot more work that needs to be done, but as long
as we have something that we can fit into the interface, we should be
able to put in things like GeckoView or other third party renderers.
The nightmare of being stuck with bullshit WebView bugs may soon be
over.