cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Consolidating the Distribution of Platforms & Plugins
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2014 21:58:51 GMT
Love these suggestions!

I am a little uneasy about storing the platforms on registry.cordova.io.
Right now that database is just for plugins + views + ui and adding
platforms will require us to change some of the requests on
plugins.cordova.io. It is easy  enough to do, but I think we have better
options available.

Alternative: Publish platforms on npm

Has the same advantages as storing on registry.cordova.io. CLI can just add
the platform dependencies in their package.json. Easy to handle versioning.
Public viewable page for each platform. No more grabbing from apache git
servers.