cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject New Plugins Site
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2014 02:04:58 GMT
Hey Guys,

As some of you may know, I have been chipping away at the new
http://plugins.cordova.io site.

You can see my progress at http://stage.plugins.cordova.io.

The repo for the UI can be found at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cordova-registry-web.git. I've been
working on the refactor branch.

I have updated the readme (
https://github.com/apache/cordova-registry-web/tree/refactor) with
instructions on how to get this running locally in case you are interested
in contributing. I've also added a bunch of grunt tasks to deploy locally
and remotely.

Still lots of work to do, but I think we are getting close to at least
being able to replace the currently existing site. Feature wise I think we
are there. Lots of design stuff still to do (font/spacing/etc).

I am tracking the progress and new issues at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-5130.

The current plugins site and cordova registry is hosted by iriscouch. The
new site is hosted by Cloudant. When we are nearing deploying, we should
update the registry in plugman to use Cloudant. We will keep the iriscouch
DB's up for a while after to make sure the transition is smooth. I believe
all we have to do is update the DNS for registry.cordova.io.

Please provide feedback/questions here or on the issue itself.

Thanks!
-Steve