cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Plugins Site
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 21:48:33 GMT
Good question.

Both are offering instances to cordova. When we had the iriscouch outage
late last year/early this year we decided to pursue Cloudant as a backup. I
personally find Cloudant's dashboard a huge improvement over the couchdb's
futon app. We have also had better support from Cloudant. These are the
reasons why I am in favour of making cloudant our default registry and
using iriscouch as the backup.

In the end of the day, I am open to either though. It doesn't make a huge
difference. We should have continuous replication setup on the registry and
downloads dbs for both services to keep them up to date and use one as a
backup.