cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Android File and Camera plugins
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2014 20:22:38 GMT
Some people are having problems working with the Camera plugin, since the
new version of File sandboxed things. Camera sometimes creates files that
File won't access.

(See CB-6300 for the issue I'm thinking of specifically)

I think that the issue comes down to Camera and File independently picking
a temp directory to use, and sometimes picking different ones.

I think that Camera is doing the more correct thing, by using
Activity.getCacheDir(), rather than hard-coding "/data/data/<app>/cache",
but I could be convinced otherwise. My instinct is to change the temporary
path in the File plugin, and leave camera alone.

Does anyone have any good reasons why one would be better than the other?
Or why one would be particularly harder to change than the other?

I think that, being temporary and cache files anyway, it should be okay to
change either of these locations. There shouldn't be any expectations that
the files in either place stick around forever. Again, though, I'm willing
to be convinced if someone has a good reason not to change one of them.

Ian