cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] cordova@3.4.0-0.1.1 plugman@0.20.0
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2014 20:30:38 GMT
How do we handle dependencies for cordova-cli and plugman once you put them
in /dist/ ?

These tools don't work if user doesn't get/install the dependencies

I have being looking for more information on these with no luck on what
should be the best way to handle it for cordova.

So far I have found two projects "struts" [1] and "maven" [2],
Each one has a document/html explaining for end users what is the
dependency graph and information about each dependency (Version, License,
and Location to Get it)

I know we use npm to install and resolved dependencies but I think we could
start by documenting for end users what are the dependencies that the
cordova-cli and plugman need to be able to run.
Maybe start with a simple table with the dependency graph, version, license
type (i.e. GPLv2, MIT, Apache 2.0, etc..) and the npm uri and repo uri and
hash.

We could also looked into providing a a convenient "binary"
cordova-cli-3.4.0.-1.0.1-npmbundle.tgz that includes all the dependencies
bundled (i.e. npm pack) [3]

1: http://maven.apache.org/wagon/wagon-providers/wagon-ftp/dependencies.html
2: http://struts.apache.org/release/2.3.x/struts2-core/dependencies.html
3: https://www.npmjs.org/doc/cli/npm-pack.html