cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Consolidating the Distribution of Platforms & Plugins
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2014 22:54:56 GMT
Jonathan
   Today we don't support that scenario with cordova cli, if a plugin
supports multiple platforms you can't block "cordova plugin add" from
installing to all platforms that it supports.
Maybe a new enhancement request?

My intention with having the dependencies info was solely to get the all
the dependency files download via npm, either via user running "npm
install" or cordova using user's global npm to get the files down to the
system.
It was not the intention of "dependencies" to drive the composition of the
App. it can be use but I think more control using like an new property
"cordova" in package.json, or pacakge.json may not have this info and just
deal with dowloading the correct versions of platform and plugins, to then
be use by "cordova lib" to do it's thing.
This also gives flexibility to drive cordova how ever  the user wants even
with npm "scripts" lifecycles with a "postinstall"

Yes I agree the devils is in the details, and a lot of space for
exploration going forward.

--Carlos

--
Carlos Santana