cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Delete some undocumented Android things?
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 21:14:03 GMT
On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 3:46 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:

> Because the majority of apps don't play audio.
>
> E.g. I checked TripCase, and the volume buttons change the media volume. I
> think the average user expect their volume buttons to change their ringer
> volume at all times.
>
> Maybe we could even go as far as making the media plugin change the media
> volume only when a sound is playing?

This would be awesome, and match user expectations.  In the mean time,
however, I would rather a media application adjust media volume always than
never.

I think a default cordova application should adjust phone ring volume, but
if it has the Media plugin installed, perhaps the default should change to
media, aka, change the setting to rely on a <preference>, but add that
preference to the Media plugin, instead of mobile-spec.