cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: iOS BackupWebStorage Config Preference Default Value
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 14:17:21 GMT
Background: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-1561

Back when we split the storage location into three options, there were
vocal users that claimed that WebSQL was being used to store user data and
should be backed up to cloud.  Many apps were not rejected with this
setting, not sure if your situation is example of new policy, review fluke,
or you are using storage for clearly non user data.  Perhaps you can make
your case to the reviewer, not sure.

Either way, we could re-investigate the question of which is the best
default value.  Imho, there is a valid case for both options, we do not
have solid data to say which is more popular, and the introduction of any
change has friction.  For those reasons, I'm not convinced we need to make
the switch.  Its possible we need to do better to let users of
WebSQL/IndexedDB know about this setting (NSLog when in debug mode if the
db files exists pointing at docs?).

-Michal