cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: get config.xml data from js
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 14:34:34 GMT
On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 2:32 AM, Axel Nennker <ignisvulpis@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just found this: chrome.runtime (Stable since Chrome 22.)
> http://developer.chrome.com/extensions/runtime#method-getManifest
>
> getManifest
>  object chrome.runtime.getManifest()

Obligatory:
https://github.com/MobileChromeApps/mobile-chrome-apps/blob/master/chrome-cordova/plugins/chrome-runtime/api/runtime.js#L46

For cca apps, we aren't at the moment moving any of the cordova
<preference>s into the chrome manifest (we are considering it), but the
canonical source for name/version/description etc is the chrome manifest,
so those values are available at runtime for cca apps.

Having access to certain manifest settings from JS is quite useful to apps
and for our plugins, such as getting client_id and oauth scopes for the
identity plugin which has one implementation entirely in js (etc).