cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Delete some undocumented Android things?
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 21:19:57 GMT
Just checked: most media applications I have installed will adjust media
volume even if nothing is playing (so you can lower volume before hitting
play, I guess).

One exception is for something like a browser, which usually does not play
media, and occasionally does -- for which Andrews suggestion sounds great,
but isn't exactly super priority.

-Michal

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 4:14 PM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 3:46 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>wrote:
>
>> Because the majority of apps don't play audio.
>>
>> E.g. I checked TripCase, and the volume buttons change the media volume. I
>> think the average user expect their volume buttons to change their ringer
>> volume at all times.
>>
>> Maybe we could even go as far as making the media plugin change the media
>> volume only when a sound is playing?
>>

> This would be awesome, and match user expectations.  In the mean time,
> however, I would rather a media application adjust media volume always than
> never.
>
> I think a default cordova application should adjust phone ring volume, but
> if it has the Media plugin installed, perhaps the default should change to
> media, aka, change the setting to rely on a <preference>, but add that
> preference to the Media plugin, instead of mobile-spec.
>

>> On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 2:41 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I'm still unclear as to why it's a bad default.

>> > documentation.

>> the

>> agrieve@chromium.org>
>> isn't