cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [cordova-plugins/statusbar] Publishing as core
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 19:36:38 GMT
(a) Yes.
(b) No -- some organizations (Adobe) don't like this, and we respect that.
 We also want to point users at these plugins, so its good to have
developers protected by Apache.
(c) Sure -- so long as labs is clearly separate, and we leave them out of
blogs / plugin release notes, and we don't impact the rate of releases
(i.e. we don't force devs to test the labs plugins, just verify the
signatures is enough).
(d) I think the "guardian" of these labs plugins should be free to publish.
 There is no reason they are lower quality than anything else.

Separate issue: is statusbar ready for Core?  I think we should leave it in
labs for a little bit, have at least a few eyes audit the API and
investigate if there is any other similar work in the field before we make
users depend on this, but that it should move to core eventually.

-Michal