cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gerbasi <rgerb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Android Wear + Cordova
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2014 15:03:37 GMT
Alright on it ;) I am starting to think this is not the case though for
Android Wear (the webview anyway)  As I have been reading through the
Getting started guide here it says

*Caution:* Do not install apps on the Android Wear emulator. The system
does not support traditional Android apps and the result of running such
apps is unpredictable.

I am starting to see that wear is simply a receiver for things (mainly
notifications) from an App. With the ability to send a response backlike
what button was clicked or what text to speech thingy you said. If anyone
else has looked into this more please tell me if I am off track, but I
believe this will be very simple to add cordova support via a plugin. We
will simply add the wear jar library and abstract out all the "send
notification" magic to allow javascript to send those along.

It should also be easy enough to abstract voice input from wear back into
the JS app, much like what we are doing with the Google Glass plugin.

My only concern is how to manage something like this

NotificationCompat.Builder notificationBuilder =
        new NotificationCompat.Builder(mContext)
        .setContentTitle("New mail from " + sender.toString())
        .setContentText(subject)
        *.setSmallIcon(R.drawable.new_mail);*

I am not sure how we will be able to send images from our JS application to
wear, there does not seem to be a "dynamic" image example. Once I dig in
more I am hoping to find a way to just load up an image from the assets
folder like they are doing with a resource.

-ross