cordova-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release 3.5.0
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2014 13:23:16 GMT
The main reason would be for iOS Xcode 5.1 support. Probably we'd want to
have the update project settings modified via the update script (not sure
if that's been handled yet).

I don't think we need to wait for a split-up-the-platform-release proposal,
or else risk delaying too long.

I do think someone needs to do a one-over of our release process though now
that we're using dist/ & votes more properly.

I've finished moving the docs from the wiki to:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho/blob/master/docs/cadence-release-process.md,
So you can use the github editor to create pull requests to it :)



On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 7:57 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:

> NOT IT!
>
> I would hold off 3.5 before we decide what we're doing with platforms.
>  I don't feel Android needs a new release yet, but I've been working
> on an experimental branch for a bit, so I'm not 100% sure.
>
>
>
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 4:34 PM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:
> > Feels like we just released 3.4!
> >
> > We discussed this at the Hangout: Lets split out the platforms, and
> remove
> > Release Notes from the dist artifact, so as to make the dist/ artifacts
> > easier to release/test.  Also makes it easier to have different
> individual
> > responsible for each platform.
> >
> > (We also discussed moving to semver and potentially shipping weekly /
> > independently of each other -- but I think we should leave that for
> future
> > releases.)
> >
> > Finally, we also discussed starting to use release managers.  NOT IT!
> >
> > -Michal
> >
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 7:25 PM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> How are people feeling about doing a 3.5.0 release soon?
> >>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message