cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Consolidating the Distribution of Platforms & Plugins
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 15:07:28 GMT
- I *don't* think platforms should be made explicit dependencies of CLI for
the same reason we don't want every plugin to be an explicit dependency.
- Fetch to be replaced by "npm cache add"
- Moving plugins (and platforms) to npm has the advantage of us not having
to maintain them, and I npm now has nice edge caching and more trustworthy
download counts.
  - We can still host our plugin website from our own server
- I don't think we need to lose --searchpath behaviour. Fetch is called
once --searchpath fails.