cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Dao, Thomas" <>
Subject RE: Release Managers
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 03:40:46 GMT
Sounds good.  Please add me to the rotation.  I can probable start with tools and plugins.

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Andrew Grieve
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:14 AM
To: dev
Subject: Release Managers

I'd previously brought up the idea of "Release Masters", and now after the recent highlight
of our release process by other Apache project members, I've learned that they are common,
and are actually called "Release Managers".

Their role, in a nutshell, is to take ownership of a release (either through delegation, or
by doing it themselves).

It's generally not a glorious job, so it would be great if we could do a bit of a rotation
on it:
- a rotation for tools,
- a rotation for plugins,
- a rotation for platforms release.

For tools & plugins, the responsibility is a bit better defined I think - they are responsible
for going through the steps in the release process.

For platform releases, the release manager wouldn't necessarily be responsible for individual
platforms, but rather for things like docs, website, dist/, and for poking people.

As for a rotation, one thought is to write down the names of those willing in the actual release
steps .md files, and then they can plan out how to schedule themselves from there.

How does this sound?
View raw message