cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Bond-Caron <jbo...@gdesolutions.com>
Subject cordova templates?
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 12:23:45 GMT

Thoughts supporting starter templates like plugins?

 e.g. Something like this:

cordova template add apache.hello.world                          (plugin.xml)
cordova template add apache.hello.world.native.dude  (plugin.xml)

Internally it's a:
cordova plugin add template.apache.hello.world

Reserve template.* namespace?

Bonus is there's an indication of which starter templates people are using.

There's some minor implementation details like:
cordova template add apache.hello.world
cordova plugins ls
[template.apache.hello.world]
[org.apache.cordova.statusbar]
[org.apache.cordova.console]

What we'd probably want is:
cordova plugins ls
[org.apache.cordova.statusbar]
[org.apache.cordova.console]

Templates can only install, can't update.
Users publishing a template - yes / no?