cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Bond-Caron <jbo...@gdesolutions.com>
Subject RE: Consolidating the Distribution of Platforms & Plugins
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 13:30:25 GMT
To be 'code clear' about it, fetch() can be simplified down to:

var things = cordova.findThings(userCommand)
~
var things = ['platform.android','platform.ios', 'org.apache.cordova.console'];

// async fetching of things
cordova_lib.fetch(things)
.then(function(thingByType){

	// install flow, setup these known cordova 'things'
	for(var i in thingByType['platforms'])
	   cordova.installPlatform(thingByType['platforms'][i]);

	for(var i in thingByType['plugins'])
	   cordova.installPlugin(thingByType['plugins'][i]);

	for(var i in thingByType['templates'])
	   cordova.installTemplate(thingByType['templates'][i]);

}).catch(e) {

  // uh oh, revert install changes

}

Can cordova_lib.fetch() be replaced by npm? It's a big maybe, losing support for --searchpath,
github fetching, no more support for plugin.xml & probably more details