cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Bond-Caron <jbo...@gdesolutions.com>
Subject RE: Proposal: hooks support for plugins
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 15:26:56 GMT
On Sat Mar 1 01:39 PM, Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon) wrote:

> <scripts preinstall="preinstall.js" postinstall="afterinstall.js" />
>
> preinstall.js is called before plugman.raw.install(platform, platformRoot,
> path.basename(dir), pluginsDir, options) and could be used to check system
> requirements, download/compile required libraries, etc
>
> afterinstall.js is called after and could be used  to add/configure additional project
> references,  etc uninstall.js - for discussion, could be used for clean up, etc
>
> As for required parameters I think we should pass at least application folder and
> target platform.
>
> Thoughts? Propose to discuss this on the monthly sync, Mar 4, 2014 (7pm EST)

Two issues I can think of:
- uninstall() needs to know which files where installed by either the preinstall or afterinstall
script.
- I'd like users to be able to pass options/arguments to the script (overriding default build
options)

e.g.
cordova plugin add some.db --utf8 false

For unix people, it's like a ./configure --utf8 false --with-stuff && make install

But can't do this right now with cordova since we'd need to store the plugin install arguments
"--utf8 false" to update a plugin.