cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Bond-Caron <>
Subject RE: [cordova-plugins/statusbar] Publishing as core
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 17:30:15 GMT
On Mon Mar 10 12:51 PM, Michal Mocny wrote:
> I think we can solve that problem using a plethora of better
> alternatives, including
> install scripts (perhaps with a generator
> like yeoman, perhaps my just pasting
> snippets in tutorials), by
> supporting plugin dependencies for platforms, or just by
> hard coding
> a list of default plugins in cordova-cli (we do this in cca for
> example).
> Many alternatives exist.

Kind of agree, I like the idea of keeping plugins outside of platforms.

What Cordova needs is better "default workflows", e.g.

cordova platform add android
cordova plugin add chrome-web-dev  (install script sets up what you need + dependencies)

cordova platform add windows8
cordova plugin add  (install script sets up what you need + dependencies)

With this in mind, I think it's a little more obvious how upstream distributions could diverge
from cordova.

In that sense, I'm -1 to:
supporting plugin dependencies for platforms

View raw message