cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Piotr Zalewa <pzal...@mozilla.com>
Subject Re: How to implement the navigator.notification in Firefox OS?
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2014 17:28:02 GMT
Hi

Making the plugin load CSS using JS is a good idea.

I'm working on a solution which will use modal window for notification.
This will remove the need to add css to html pages which app requires.
It takes a while as there is a small difficulty with singular window -
onUnload doesn't exactly work as in Firefox Desktop.

Piotr

On 03/04/2014 11:22 PM, Brian LeRoux wrote:
> anis and I have some thoughts on this topic / will save it for some
> discussion today and update the list after
>

> On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:
>
>> Jesse,
>>
>> I do agree, that would be nice, but I think its going to be difficult to do
>> this right.  I would not want each plugin to bundle its own underscore, for
>> example.  At the very least, we should set a standard for using
>> one-plugin-per-library, but better yet would be to use an existing package
>> manager somehow.
>>
>> Not sure how to solve the issue, I'm really curious about others' ideas.
>>
>> -Michal
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 2:53 PM, purplecabbage <purplecabbage@gmail.com
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> These are features I am looking to add to plugman. Currently there isn't
>>> way to add CSS or generic JS, short of runtime heroics.
>>>
>>> It would be nice to be able to make a Cordova plugin that, for example,
>>> used topcoat, underscore or angular.
>>> Currently all plugin js gets wrapped in our define/require closure which
>>> may conflict with existing libs.
>>>
>>> I will create issues once I am on a desktop.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

>> http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/edge/plugin_ref_spec.md.html#Plugin%20Specification_asset_element

>>> file.
>> bug