cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Pesch <d.pe...@11com7.de>
Subject Re: Introducing and 2 PR for cordova-plugin-file
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 17:35:08 GMT
Hi Ian,

yes, these PRs are two separate issues, I've found »on the way«.
Unfortunately  they won't fix the issue CB-6148.

To fix the impact of CB-6148 to our code I've used a very simple, but
»working« workaround:

         // ...
          tmpFileEntry.moveTo(dir, newFileName, function(newFileEntry)
          {
            if (dir.filesystem.name !== newFileEntry.filesystem.name)
            {
              newFileEntry.filesystem = dir.filesystem;
            }

            // ...

This fixed the problems, but isn't a really solution, just a workaround
to get our app running again.

PR #33 setMetadata
Our iOS app uses setMetadata to set the MobileBackup metadata, but
didn't work with the actual file plugin. Then I've noticed, that
Entry.getMetadata() used already the format method, while
Entry.setMetdata() used this.fullPath which returned a wrong
(incomplete) path. After that I just changed it to use the
this.filesystem.__format__() method like getMetadata() and that fixed
our problems.

PR #32
While inspecting the code to understand our problems, I've just found
these typos which leads to variable declarations without 'var'
statement. I've fixed them, but it won't have an effect on the CB-6148
issue.

Best regards,
dom