cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Pesch <d.pe...@11com7.de>
Subject Introducing and 2 PR for cordova-plugin-file
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 14:56:53 GMT
Hi,

I would like to introduce myself as proposed in the Cordova Wiki
(Contributor Workflow).

I'm a german developer and managing director of my small company (3
developer, 2 designer, …). For one of our clients we'd developped an app
(iOS and Android) on Cordova basis (2.7.x with iOS SDK 6.0). We upgraded
it the last weeks to Cordova 3.4.0. The past few days I've debugged and
adopted our camera interface for the cordova camera plugin. In our old
version we'd moved the pictures from the temporary directory into the
persistent dir. I had a couple of problems with the new 1.0.0 and 1.0.1
file interface, but with some »workarounds« our app works again.

I've perhaps noticed a bug for which I'd created a jira issue:
As described I've noticed the problems with iOS6 (iPhone 3GS) and iOS7
(iPhone 5).
As workaround I've corrected the filesystem object in the success
callback function. This works, but isn't very »pretty«.

I had send two pull requests via github for some minor fixes:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-file/pull/32
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-file/pull/33

I've used the patched fork in our app and it works now again. It would
be very kind if someone can review them. I send the links here because
it is proposed in the Cordova Wiki and  I'll hope this is the desired way.

Best regards
dom (Dominik Pesch)

PS: please excuse that my English has become somewhat rusty.