cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release 3.5.0
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 03:00:45 GMT
It feels like trying to tag only iOS as 3.5.0 before the other platforms is going to create
a mess when it comes time to release the other platforms, especially if there are subsequent
changes to cordova-js and/or cordova-ios. I don't like moving tags. So +1 to Michal's question.

On Mar 27, 2014, at 9:56 PM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@google.com> wrote:

> Before I even try to grok the other questions, why can't we just tag iOS as
> 3.4.1?

Perhaps the long-term answer for doing away with the cadence release is to version all the
platforms separately, like how we do for the plugins now.

> On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 8:23 PM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The best course of action for the future is to set the build label in
>> cordovajs to be just the sha.

Maybe in the future, the build label in cordova-js also floats separate from the versions
of all the platforms. Yeah, perhaps it's just the sha. Every git repo has its own master and
own independent versioning sequence.

That does beg the question if there is some kind of overall snapshot id to replace the cadver,
and when do we do Apache releases to dist.