cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Bond-Caron <jbo...@gdesolutions.com>
Subject RE: Proposal: hooks support for plugins
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 17:30:57 GMT
On Thu Mar 6 11:41 AM, Michal Mocny wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 11:16 AM, Jonathan Bond-Caron <
> jbondc@gdesolutions.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed Mar 5 04:13 PM, Michal Mocny wrote:
> > > For cli workflow: hooks (including plugin hooks) can access
> > > config.xml <preference>'s for things like the sqllite compile
> > > example (recompile
> > only if
> > > settings changed would be nice), and access <preference> at runtime
> > > for
> > the
> > > console example.
> > >
> > > For old workflow, perhaps sqllite is documented to manually run the
> > > hook
> > > recompile whenever you want to change the default setting?
> > >
> > > Just thinking about alternatives and/or solutions that are actually
> > feasible short
> > > term.
> > >

> > Ya it could work, maybe something like:
> > <preference name="cordova-plugin-console@install"
> > value="--prefer-console true" /> (passed to an install script)
> >

> Thats not what I am suggesting.  I am suggesting:
>
>  <preference name="cordova-plugin-console-some-setting" value="true" />

So...
<preference name="cordova-plugin-console/install/some-setting" value="true" />
<preference name="cordova-plugin-console/blah/some-setting" value="true" />
<preference name="android/cordova-plugin-console/blah/some-setting" value="false" />

Looks like a windows registry to me, build a tree from it.
Heck, everything is just a preference (sarcasm):
<preference name="android/icon/[56x56]" value="some/path.png" />
<preference name="android/app/name" value="broken app" />

Ultimately 'preference' tag always wins.

Joke aside, the part that's special about the plugin hooks is a need to track installed files
for uninstall() & the security issue (sandbox or not).