cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shtylman <shtyl...@gmail.com>
Subject reading config.xml during build
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2014 21:25:15 GMT
I am looking for a way to add support for the following item in config.xml

    <preference name="TargetDevices" value="handhelds”/>

And have my iOS build (eventually other platforms) target only iPhone and iPod.

I have found that to do this, all I need is to add TARGET_DEVICE_ID=1 to the build.xcconfig
file in the iOS platforms cordova/scripts directory. However, I am not sure which file would
be best responsible for reading config.xml (from the project root) and then updating this
particular build file. Right now this file is copied into place by the “create” step in
cordova-ios and it seems that nothing else ever touches it.

Where in cordova projects are the config.xml values read and then translated to platform specific
settings?

cheers,
~Roman