cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Bond-Caron <jbo...@gdesolutions.com>
Subject RE: XML Namespaces
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2014 00:42:37 GMT
On Mon Feb 17 04:13 PM, Jesse wrote:
> If this only refers to the cli project level config, then I withdraw my
> objection.

config.json or config.xml would be top-level in the cli project

> However, consistency creates clarity.
>
> Maybe taking a step back, why do we have different config.xml files per
> platform
> anyway? Given that they are all following the same spec (
> our modified widget
> spec ) shouldn't they all be capable of reading
> feature/param[@name="X"] and
> only applying the preferences they
> support?

Everything would be generated based on what the platforms need.
e.g.
helloworld/config.json
helloworld/platforms/windows8/config.xml
helloworld/platforms/android/res/xml/config.xml
helloworld/platforms/firefoxos/www/wat.json (manifest.json?, package.json?)

Looking at firefoxos, only need the 'runtime meta' and pushing configuration options in there.
Hopefully eventually the cordova 'meta' stuff goes away.

Note: Android could be changed to read it's cordova config from "www/wat.json", ultimately
that's the only 'standardish' file platform webviews/runtimes should be reading.
json['meta']['cordova']['config']['log-level']
json['meta']['cordova']['config']['access-origin'][0]

The goal of the top-level config is to have enough info to generate meta that the platforms
can read.

In an ideal world, there's only two files:
helloworld/config.json
helloworld/platforms/windows8/www/w3c-standard.json

or
helloworld/config.xml
helloworld/platforms/windows8/www/w3c-standard.json