cordova-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CB-5974, or, Re-thinking broken-by-default (Was: Re: Plugins Release!)
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 15:13:47 GMT
On 5 February 2014 14:55, David Kemp <drkemp@google.com> wrote:
> My concern with any automated fix is that we have no idea what files belong
> to an app.
> The default is to just toss everything in the root.
> Files may be user data that is shared between apps, config files or temp
> files. The developer probably knows what to migrate - we don't.\

The app must tell the library what file names are involved.
So unless the same API is used for files that are supposed to remain
in the root, it should be possible to know what needs to move.

It  may still prove too difficult to implement the merge, but perhaps
there is some scope for adding something to help the developers.

For example, the code could check if there is a file with the same
name in the old location, and log a message if so.
There may be other checks that would help mitigate the breakage.