cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Pull Requests and Re-writing History
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2014 22:14:25 GMT
Hey

I saw the wiki was updated, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about this:
https://wiki.apache.org/cordova/ProcessingPullRequests

# REPO_NAME example: "js"
# PULL_REQUEST_NUMBER example: "44"
curl https://github.com/apache/cordova-REPO_NAME/pull/PULL_REQUEST_NUMBER.patch
| git am
git rebase origin/master -i

First, I'd add git am --signoff so that it adds your git e-mail to it.
 This just looks nice, but I'm not sure how I feel about doing the
commit squishing and pruning, since we want to have a nice audit trail
back to GitHub to see what we were doing.  I know it makes it harder
to do release notes, but the one thing that I get super picky about is
who wrote what code, and it matching up.

Am I just being all Apache about this, and we could be way more lax?
What are people's thoughts?

Joe