cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Android] [CB-6033] Android 4.4 and SQLite deletion
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 01:52:45 GMT
On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 5:16 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hey
>>
>> I'm working on a work-around for SQLite deletion, and I've run into a
>> couple issues with the code:
>>
>> 1. Why are we deprecating FileHelper?  It would be helpful if we had a
>> quick and dirty copy method in here that we can use when we need to do
>> things like copy SQLite Databases to other areas of internal storage
>> or to the SD Card.
>>

> I added the deprecation. Reason is that as of now, all of the methods
> within FileHelper have better versions in CordovaResourceApi.
>
> CRA does have a "copyResource" method already, so I'd be tempted to say
> that you should see if that will work for your use-case. Maybe add another
> overload to it that takes both in and out as a Uri (and uses
> openOutputStream(uri) for out)?

I want to copy the contents of
/data/data/<namespace>/app_database/localStorage to
/data/data/<namespace>/backup_database, and then copy them back.  I
can't find a method that's straight forward for this.  They all seem
to require some setup.  Is any of this Resource API documented
anywhere?

>> 2. Does anyone know why Chromium WebView deletes the SQLite db? Will
>> using this SQLite database cause localStorage to not work?
>>
> I'll see if I can dig anything up on this.

I'll hold off on this, since this might just be a bad idea anyway.