cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Android: recreating plugins when loading url
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2014 23:57:08 GMT
On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Naik, Archana <naika@lab126.com> wrote:
> History stack reset? I thought loading url will add to the navigation
> history.

Which history are we referring to?  We have some old legacy methods
from the bad old days when we maintained our own history, because we
thought the browser history was broken (Android 3.x, 4.0.x).

> Yes, overload helps to by pass this recreation but default call is with
> this flag set to true so internally when you use loadUrl() it will
> recreate plugins.

We should only create plugins when we invoke them unless we're setting
plugins to be instantiated onload.  There also could be some security
reasons to destroy and recreate the plugins, although none are coming
to mind now.