cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Anis KADRI <anis.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Framework support via plugman + plugin spec
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 22:49:10 GMT
1. This is an iOS only thing. Non-custom means System frameworks that ship
with the iOS SDK (CoreGraphics.framework, Accounts.frameworks, ...). Custom
frameworks are the ones you usually download, drag and drop to your xcode
project. There are some differences in how the project is structured for
System vs Custom frameworks.

2. It is silly I know but I didn't want to introduce a new tag. Especially
since there was already one that was
explicit enough (the <framework> tag).

3. if unspecified or set to false, it will be considered as a system
framework. Otherwise (if custom="true") it is considered a custom framework
and the xcode project will be structured accordingly. We could make the
custom attribute mandatory but I thought it would more of a pain. Besides,
it would break existing plugins that use System Frameworks.

Anis