cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plugins Release!
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 21:44:55 GMT
Okay, I have a blog post ready to review. I could use some help with adding
more content about the file plugin release. I got most of my info for it
from http://markmail.org/thread/ebm3ms6of24rhyvb.

I have also gone through the commits and removed ones I thought were
unimportant. If you feel more curating needs to be done, feel free to edit.

Blog below:

---
layout: post
author:
    name: Steve Gill
    url: https://twitter.com/stevesgill
title:  "Plugins Release: Feb 6, 2014"
categories: news
tags: release
---
The following plugins were updated today:

* org.apache.cordova.battery-status@0.2.7
* org.apache.cordova.camera@0.2.7
* org.apache.cordova.console@0.2.7
* org.apache.cordova.contacts@0.2.8
* org.apache.cordova.device@0.2.8
* org.apache.cordova.device-motion@0.2.6
* org.apache.cordova.device-orientation@0.3.5
* org.apache.cordova.dialogs@0.2.6
* org.apache.cordova.file@1.0.0
* org.apache.cordova.file-transfer@0.4.1
* org.apache.cordova.geolocation@0.3.6
* org.apache.cordova.globalization@0.2.6
* org.apache.cordova.inappbrowser@0.3.1
* org.apache.cordova.media@0.2.8
* org.apache.cordova.media-capture@0.2.7
* org.apache.cordova.network-information@0.2.7
* org.apache.cordova.vibration@0.3.7

The most noticeable changes in this release are to the File plugin. It has
been revamped to use a new URL scheme
`filesystem://localhost/<filesystemType>/<path to file>`. These URLs are
generated by all file operations, and are passed over the bridge to native
code. (This is in contrast to the previous version, which passed around
absolute paths on the device filesystem).

Other changes include:
<!--more-->

`org.apache.cordova.battery-status`
* Add Tizen plugin support

`org.apache.cordova.camera`
* CB-4919 firefox os quirks added and supported platforms list is updated
* getPicture via web activities
* Documented quirk for CB-5335 + CB-5206 for WP7+8
* reference the correct firefoxos implementation
* [BlackBerry10] Add permission to access_shared

`org.apache.cordova.console`
* Native console needs to be called DebugConsole to avoid ambiguous
reference. This commit requires the 3.4.0 version of the native class
factory
* CB-4718 fixed Console plugin not working on wp

`org.apache.cordova.contacts`
* [CB-3208] FFOS docs updated
* CB-4590 - chooseContact in CDVContacts crashes app

`org.apache.cordova.device`
* Tizen support added

`org.apache.cordova.device-motion`
* Add Tizen support

`org.apache.cordova.device-orientation`
* [ubuntu] request sensors permission
* [ubuntu] add missing files
* Add support for Tizen.
* FFOS info added

`org.apache.cordova.dialogs`
* no need to recreate the manifest.webapp file after each `cordova prepare`
for FFOS
* FFOS description added

`org.apache.cordova.file`
* CB-5974: Use safe 'Compatibilty' mode by default
* CB-5915: CB-5916: Reorganize preference code to make defaults possible
* CB-5974: Android: Don't allow File operations to continue when not
configured
* CB-5960: ios: android: Properly handle parent references in
getFile/getDirectory
* [ubuntu] adopt to recent changes
* Add default FS root to new FS objects
* CB-5899: Make DirectoryReader.readEntries return properly formatted Entry
objects
* Add constuctor params to FileUploadResult related to CB-2421
* Fill out filesystem attribute of entities returned from
resolveLocalFileSystemURL
* CB-5916: Create documents directories if they don't exist
* CB-5915: Create documents directories if they don't exist
* CB-5916: Android: Fix unfortunate NPE in config check
* CB-5916: Android: Add "/files/" to persistent files path
* CB-5915: ios: Update config preference (and docs) to match issue
* CB-5916: Android: Add config preference for Android persistent storage
location
* iOS: Add config preference for iOS persistent storage location
* iOS: Android: Allow third-party plugin registration
* Android: Expose filePlugin getter so that other plugins can register
filesystems
* Fix typos in deprecation message
* Add backwards-compatibility shim for file-transfer
* Android: Allow third-party plugin registration
* CB-5810 [BlackBerry10] resolve local:/// paths (application assets)
* CB-5774: create DirectoryEntry instead of FileEntry
* Initial fix for CB-5747
* Change default FS URL scheme to "cdvfile"
* Android: Properly format content urls
* Android, iOS: Replace "filesystem" protocol string with constant
* Android: Allow absolute paths on Entry.getFile / Entry.getDirectory
* Android: Make clear that getFile takes a path, not just a filename
* CB-5008: Rename resolveLocalFileSystemURI to resolveLocalFileSystemURL;
deprecate original
* Remove old file reference from plugin.xml
* Android: Refactor File API
* CB-4899 [BlackBerry10] Fix resolve directories
* CB-5602 Windows8. Fix File Api mobile spec tests
* Android: Better support for content urls and cross-filesystem copy/move
ops
* CB-5699 [BlackBerry10] Update resolveLocalFileSystemURI implementation
* CB-5658 Update license comment formatting of doc/index.md
* CB-5658 Add doc.index.md for File plugin.
* CB-5658 Delete stale snapshot of plugin docs
* CB-5403: Backwards-compatibility with file:// urls where possible
* CB-5407: Fixes for ContentFilesystem
* Android: Add method for testing backwards-compatibility of filetransfer
plugin
* iOS: Add method for testing backwards-compatiblity of filetransfer plugin
* Android: Updates to allow FileTransfer to continue to work
* Android: Clean up unclosed file objects
* CB-5407: Add new Android source files to plugin.xml
* CB-5407: Move read, write and truncate methods into modules
* CB-5407: Move copy/move methods into FS modules
* CB-5407: Move getParent into FS modules
* CB-5407: Move getmetadata methods into FS modules
* CB-5407: Move readdir methods into FS modules
* CB-5407: Move remove methods into FS modules
* CB-5407: Move getFile into FS modules
* CB-5407: Start refactoring android code: Modular filesystems, rfs, rlfsurl
* CB-5407: Update android JS to use FS urls
* CB-5405: Use URL formatting for Entry.toURL
* Log file path for File exceptions.
* Partial fix for iOS File compatibility with previous fileTransfer plugin
* CB-5532 WP8. Add binary data support to FileWriter
* CB-5531 WP8. File Api readAsText incorrectly handles position args
* Added ubuntu platform support
* Added amazon-fireos platform support
* CB-5118 [BlackBerry10] Add check for undefined error handler
* CB-5406: Extend public API for dependent plugins
* CB-5403: Bump File plugin major version
* CB-5406: Split iOS file plugin into modules
* CB-5406: Factor out filesystem providers in iOS
* CB-5408: Add handler for filesystem:// urls
* CB-5406: Update iOS native code to use filesystem URLs internally
* CB-5405: Update JS code to use URLs exclusively
* CB-4816 Fix file creation outside sandbox for BB10

`org.apache.cordova.file-transfer@0.4.1`
* CB-5365 Remove unused exception var to prevent warnings?
* CB-2421 explicitly write the bytesSent,responseCode,result to the
FileUploadResult pending release of cordova-plugin-file dependency, added
some sanity checks for callbacks
* iOS: Update for new file plugin api
* CB-5631 Removed SimpleTrackingInputStream.read(byte[] buffer)
* CB-5762 android: Fix lengthComputable set wrong for gzip downloads
* CB-4899 [BlackBerry10] Improve binary file transfer download
* CB-5722 [BlackBerry10] Update upload function to use native file object
* CB-5658 Delete stale snapshot of plugin docs
* CB-5466: Update to work with filesystem URLs

`org.apache.cordova.geolocation`
* add ubuntu platform support
* CB-5326 adding FFOS permission and updating supported platforms
* CB-5729 [BlackBerry10] Update GeolocationProxy to return collapsed object

`org.apache.cordova.globalization`
* Add Tizen plugin support

`org.apache.cordova.inappbrowser`
* CB-5756: Android: Use WebView.evaluateJavascript for script injection on
Android 4.4+
* Didn't test on ICS or lower, getDrawable isn't supported until Jellybean
* add ubuntu platform
* Adding drawables to the inAppBrowser.  This doesn't look quite right, but
it's a HUGE improvement over the previous settings
* CB-5756: Android: Use WebView.evaluateJavascript for script injection on
Android 4.4+
* Remove alive from InAppBrowser.js since it didn't catch the case where
the browser is closed by the user.
* CB-5733 Fix IAB.close() not working if called before show() animation is
done

`org.apache.cordova.media`
* Add preliminary support for Tizen.
* [CB-4755] Fix crash in Media.setVolume on iOS

`org.apache.cordova.media-capture`
* [ubuntu] request audio/camera/microphone permission
* fixed  cordova cli add capture plugin not work wp
* CB-5685 [BlackBerry10] Add access_shared permission

`org.apache.cordova.network-information`
* Initial implementation of Tizen plugin.

`org.apache.cordova.splashscreen`
* [CB-3562] Fix aspect ratio on landscape-only iPhone applications
* CB-4051 fix for splashscreen rotation problem

`org.apache.cordova.vibration`
* Add support for Tizen.
* CB-3206 - Supported platforms updated

The plugins have been updated on our registry at [plugins.cordova.io](
http://plugins.cordova.io/).

E.g. To update your vibration plugin:

    cordova plugin rm org.apache.cordova.vibration
    cordova plugin add org.apache.cordova.vibration