cordova-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plugins Release!
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 20:03:37 GMT
Thanks for the feedback Ian! Just waiting on the "SHIP IT"

Updated blog below:

---
layout: post
author:
    name: Steve Gill
    url: https://twitter.com/stevesgill
title:  "Plugins Release: Feb 7, 2014"
categories: news
tags: release
---
The following plugins were updated today:

* org.apache.cordova.battery-status@0.2.7
* org.apache.cordova.camera@0.2.7
* org.apache.cordova.console@0.2.7
* org.apache.cordova.contacts@0.2.8
* org.apache.cordova.device@0.2.8
* org.apache.cordova.device-motion@0.2.6
* org.apache.cordova.device-orientation@0.3.5
* org.apache.cordova.dialogs@0.2.6
* org.apache.cordova.file@1.0.0
* org.apache.cordova.file-transfer@0.4.1
* org.apache.cordova.geolocation@0.3.6
* org.apache.cordova.globalization@0.2.6
* org.apache.cordova.inappbrowser@0.3.1
* org.apache.cordova.media@0.2.8
* org.apache.cordova.media-capture@0.2.7
* org.apache.cordova.network-information@0.2.7
* org.apache.cordova.vibration@0.3.7

The most noticeable changes in this release are to the File plugin. It has
been revamped to use a new URL scheme
`cdvfile://localhost/<filesystemType>/<path to file>`. These URLs are
generated by all file operations, and are passed over the bridge to native
code. (This is in contrast to the previous version, which passed around
absolute paths on the device filesystem).

Most of these changes are to bring us more in line with the HTML Filesystem
standard, although they will also allow us to extend the filesystem
abstraction to cover new kinds of storage, both internal and external to
devices.

Other changes include:
<!--more-->
* The file plugin is now much more modular. The "Filesystem" is now an
abstract class that developers can subclass to write their own filesystem
types.
* Developers can use the existing filesystem types, or new types, to
provide new filesystem roots for their applications. (No longer limited to
just persistent and temporary, or just a single directory for storage.)
* Filesystem URLs paths are now relative to the filesystem root, helping to
sandbox the filesystems and keep applications from stepping on each others'
toes.
* Application developers can now configure the file plugin to use a more
sensible location for storing persistent files. On iOS, this means storing
files in the Library directory, rather than the Documents directory. On
Android, it means using the application's internal storage directory rather
than the SD card partition. See the README file for information on
configuring your applications.
* Several other bugs have been fixed, and our test coverage has increased.

`org.apache.cordova.battery-status`

* Add Tizen plugin support

`org.apache.cordova.camera`
* CB-4919 firefox os quirks added and supported platforms list is updated
* getPicture via web activities
* Documented quirk for CB-5335 + CB-5206 for WP7+8
* reference the correct firefoxos implementation
* [BlackBerry10] Add permission to access_shared

`org.apache.cordova.console`
* Native console needs to be called DebugConsole to avoid ambiguous
reference. This commit requires the 3.4.0 version of the native class
factory
* CB-4718 fixed Console plugin not working on wp

`org.apache.cordova.contacts`
* [CB-3208] FFOS docs updated
* CB-4590 - chooseContact in CDVContacts crashes app

`org.apache.cordova.device`

* Tizen support added

`org.apache.cordova.device-motion`

* Add Tizen support

`org.apache.cordova.device-orientation`
* [ubuntu] request sensors permission
* [ubuntu] add missing files
* Add support for Tizen.
* FFOS info added

`org.apache.cordova.dialogs`
* no need to recreate the manifest.webapp file after each `cordova prepare`
for FFOS
* FFOS description added

`org.apache.cordova.file`
* CB-5974: Use safe 'Compatibility' mode by default
* CB-5915: Add option for new persistent storage location for iOS
* CB-5916: Add option for new persistent storage location for Android
* Add default FS root to new FS objects
* CB-5899: Make DirectoryReader.readEntries return properly formatted Entry
objects
* Add constructor params to FileUploadResult related to CB-2421
* Fill out filesystem attribute of entities returned from
resolveLocalFileSystemURL
* Android: Expose filePlugin getter so that other plugins can register
filesystems
* Add backwards-compatibility shim for file-transfer
* Android: Allow third-party plugin registration
* CB-5810 [BlackBerry10] resolve local:/// paths (application assets)
* CB-5774: create DirectoryEntry instead of FileEntry
* Initial fix for CB-5747: Windows 8: DirectoryEntry.getDirectory fails
when path contains directory separator
* Android: Allow absolute paths on Entry.getFile / Entry.getDirectory
* CB-5008: Rename resolveLocalFileSystemURI to resolveLocalFileSystemURL
* CB-4899 [BlackBerry10] Fix resolve directories
* CB-5602 Windows8. Fix File Api mobile spec tests
* Android: Better support for content urls and cross-filesystem copy/move
ops
* CB-5699 [BlackBerry10] Update resolveLocalFileSystemURI implementation
* CB-5658 Update license comment formatting of doc/index.md
* CB-5658 Add doc.index.md for File plugin.
* CB-5658 Delete stale snapshot of plugin docs
* CB-5403: Backwards-compatibility with file:// urls where possible
* Android: Clean up unclosed file objects
* Log file path for File exceptions.
* CB-5532 WP8. Add binary data support to FileWriter
* CB-5531 WP8. File Api readAsText incorrectly handles position args
* Added ubuntu platform support
* Added amazon-fireos platform support
* CB-5118 [BlackBerry10] Add check for undefined error handler
* CB-5403: Bump File plugin major version
* CB-5408: Add handler for filesystem urls
* CB-5407: Update Android native code to use filesystem URLs internally

`org.apache.cordova.file-transfer`
* CB-5365 Remove unused exception var to prevent warnings?
* CB-2421 explicitly write the bytesSent,responseCode,result to the
FileUploadResult pending release of cordova-plugin-file dependency, added
some sanity checks for callbacks
* iOS: Update for new file plugin api
* CB-5631 Removed SimpleTrackingInputStream.read(byte[] buffer)
* CB-5762 android: Fix lengthComputable set wrong for gzip downloads
* CB-4899 [BlackBerry10] Improve binary file transfer download
* CB-5722 [BlackBerry10] Update upload function to use native file object
* CB-5658 Delete stale snapshot of plugin docs
* CB-5466: Update to work with filesystem URLs

`org.apache.cordova.geolocation`
* add ubuntu platform support
* CB-5326 adding FFOS permission and updating supported platforms
* CB-5729 [BlackBerry10] Update GeolocationProxy to return collapsed object

`org.apache.cordova.globalization`

* Add Tizen plugin support

`org.apache.cordova.inappbrowser`
* CB-5756: Android: Use WebView.evaluateJavascript for script injection on
Android 4.4+
* Didn't test on ICS or lower, getDrawable isn't supported until Jellybean
* add ubuntu platform
* Adding drawables to the inAppBrowser.  This doesn't look quite right, but
it's a HUGE improvement over the previous settings
* CB-5756: Android: Use WebView.evaluateJavascript for script injection on
Android 4.4+
* Remove alive from InAppBrowser.js since it didn't catch the case where
the browser is closed by the user.
* CB-5733 Fix IAB.close() not working if called before show() animation is
done

`org.apache.cordova.media`
* Add preliminary support for Tizen.
* [CB-4755] Fix crash in Media.setVolume on iOS

`org.apache.cordova.media-capture`
* [ubuntu] request audio/camera/microphone permission
* fixed  cordova cli add capture plugin not work wp
* CB-5685 [BlackBerry10] Add access_shared permission

`org.apache.cordova.network-information`

* Initial implementation of Tizen plugin.

`org.apache.cordova.splashscreen`
* [CB-3562] Fix aspect ratio on landscape-only iPhone applications
* CB-4051 fix for splashscreen rotation problem

`org.apache.cordova.vibration`
* Add support for Tizen.
* CB-3206 - Supported platforms updated

The plugins have been updated on our registry at [plugins.cordova.io](
http://plugins.cordova.io/).

E.g. To update your vibration plugin:

    cordova plugin rm org.apache.cordova.vibration
    cordova plugin add org.apache.cordova.vibration




On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 8:40 PM, Ian Clelland <iclelland@chromium.org> wrote:

> I've taken a first pass at the file plugin (I'll probably revisit it in the
> morning and think it's terrible :) )
>
> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Okay, I have a blog post ready to review. I could use some help with
> adding
> > more content about the file plugin release. I got most of my info for it
> > from http://markmail.org/thread/ebm3ms6of24rhyvb.
> >
> > I have also gone through the commits and removed ones I thought were
> > unimportant. If you feel more curating needs to be done, feel free to
> edit.
> >
>
>
> The most noticeable changes in this release are to the File plugin. It has
> been revamped to use a new URL scheme
> `cdvfile://localhost/<filesystemType>/<path to file>`. These URLs are
> generated by all file operations, and are passed over the bridge to native
> code. (This is in contrast to the previous version, which passed around
> absolute paths on the device filesystem).
>
> Most of these changes are to bring us more in line with the HTML Filesystem
> standard, although they will also allow us to extend the filesystem
> abstraction
>  to cover new kinds of storage, both internal and external to devices.
>
> Other changes include:
>   * The file plugin is now much more modular. The "Filesystem" is now an
>     abstract class that developers can subclass to write their own
> filesystem
>     types.
>   * Developers can use the existing filesystem types, or new types, to
>     provide new filesystem roots for their applications. (No longer limited
> to
>     just persistent and temporary, or just a single directory for storage.)
>   * Filesystem URLs paths are now relative to the filesystem root, helping
>     to sandbox the filesystems and keep applications from stepping on
>     each others' toes.
>   * Application developers can now configure the file plugin to use a more
>     sensible location for storing persistent files. On iOS, this means
> storing
>     files in the Library directory, rather than the Documents directory. On
>     Android, it means using the application's internal storage directory
> rather
>     than the SD card partition. See the README file for information on
>     configuring your applications.
>   * Several other bugs have been fixed, and our test coverage has
> increased.
>
>
> [Much curating of file changes; too many commits for the number of issues
> fixed ;) ]
>
>
> > `org.apache.cordova.file`
> > * CB-5974: Use safe 'Compatibility' mode by default
> > * CB-5915: Add option for new persistent storage location for iOS
>
> * CB-5916: Add option for new persistent storage location for Android
>
> > * Add default FS root to new FS objects
> > * CB-5899: Make DirectoryReader.readEntries return properly formatted
> Entry
> > objects
> > * Add constructor params to FileUploadResult related to CB-2421
> > * Fill out filesystem attribute of entities returned from
> > resolveLocalFileSystemURL
> > * Android: Expose filePlugin getter so that other plugins can register
> > filesystems
> > * Add backwards-compatibility shim for file-transfer
> > * Android: Allow third-party plugin registration
> > * CB-5810 [BlackBerry10] resolve local:/// paths (application assets)
> > * CB-5774: create DirectoryEntry instead of FileEntry
> > * Initial fix for CB-5747: Windows 8: DirectoryEntry.getDirectory fails
> > when path contains directory separator
> > * Android: Allow absolute paths on Entry.getFile / Entry.getDirectory
> > * CB-5008: Rename resolveLocalFileSystemURI to resolveLocalFileSystemURL
> > * CB-4899 [BlackBerry10] Fix resolve directories
> > * CB-5602 Windows8. Fix File Api mobile spec tests
> > * Android: Better support for content urls and cross-filesystem copy/move
> > ops
> > * CB-5699 [BlackBerry10] Update resolveLocalFileSystemURI implementation
> > * CB-5658 Update license comment formatting of doc/index.md
> > * CB-5658 Add doc.index.md for File plugin.
> > * CB-5658 Delete stale snapshot of plugin docs
> > * CB-5403: Backwards-compatibility with file:// urls where possible
> > * Android: Clean up unclosed file objects
> > * Log file path for File exceptions.
> > * CB-5532 WP8. Add binary data support to FileWriter
> > * CB-5531 WP8. File Api readAsText incorrectly handles position args
> > * Added ubuntu platform support
> > * Added amazon-fireos platform support
> > * CB-5118 [BlackBerry10] Add check for undefined error handler
> > * CB-5403: Bump File plugin major version
> > * CB-5408: Add handler for filesystem urls
> > * CB-5407: Update Android native code to use filesystem URLs internally
> > * CB-5406: Update iOS native code to use filesystem URLs internally
> > * CB-5405: Update JS code to use URLs exclusively
> > * CB-4816 Fix file creation outside sandbox for BB10
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message