cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.4 release documentation website -- no translations
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 22:30:27 GMT
Hey Lisa,

I can look into this. I haven't actually done a version release for
translations before. Should I update all of the languages?

The list of supported languages:
* de
* es
* fr
* it
* ja
* ko
* ru
* sl
* zh

If you (or anyone else) are interested in learning how to create new
versions and update the website for docs, I will list the steps below.

First off, make sure you follow the readme in cordova/docs and install the
dependencies.

## Generating new version
The command to create new versions is

rake version[version, language]

so rake version[3.4.0, de]

A new version should be created under cordova-docs/docs/language/version.

## rendering public docs
Now run ./bin/generate. This will render all of the docs in
cordova-docs/docs to cordova-docs/public. This takes quite a while. Old
versions need to get regenerated when we add new versions because the menu
for old versions need to show the latest version available.

## add docs to cordova-site
copy the rendered docs from `cordova-docs` to `cordova-website` by using
the following command:

rsync -av --exclude='.svn*' public/ ../cordova-website/public/docs
svn add public/docs/my_lang/my_new_version
svn commit -m "Added docs version XXX for language YYY"

That should do it!