cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <asav...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fw: Help us make ApacheCon a huge success
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2014 00:40:05 GMT
Hey Joe,

On 27 January 2014 21:02, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll do a Cordova Plugin Development talk.  It'd be mostly be about
> Android, but it'll give me an excuse to mess around with iOS dev as
> well.

If you do, you might want to take a look at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4886 and
https://github.com/lholmquist/cordova-plugman/tree/for_yeoman ... I found
it makes a big difference when starting out (all kudos to Lucas):

  plugman create --name Test --plugin_id "com.andrewsavory.test"
--plugin_version 0.0.1 --variable description="Awesome Plugin"
  cd MyPhoneGapApp; plugman install --platform ios --plugin ../Test
--project platforms/ios

Note the plugin development guide has a bug in "Validating a Plugin", the
"test whether iOS dependencies load properly" bit has a nonsense command.
I'll submit a patch when I get a chance.

Thanks,

Andrew.