cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 12:16:13 GMT
On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 12:59 AM, purplecabbage <purplecabbage@gmail.com>wrote:

> IMO, If it was not in the release candidate, it should not be pushed into
> the release.
>
> If we need to turn around and do a 3.4.1 to address an issue, then we can
> do that.

Isn't that *why* we have release candidates?

Isn't this just a case where 3.4.0-rc1 goes to 3.4.0-rc2 (and gets voted on
again) before it becomes 3.4.0 final?

It seems a bit off to have to sacrifice the "3.4.0" name because of a
release candidate that was voted down. The right thing would be to make
another 3.4.0 (and another if necessary) and vote on *that* one.

Ian