cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@google.com>
Subject Re: Improved integration between Apache and GitHub
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 18:05:41 GMT
On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 12:54 PM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:

> Something I noticed from a commit from Ian:
> https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-file-transfer/pull/20
>
> The github user "asfgit" automatically closed the PR from that commit -- I
> believe github scans the commit message to associate it with an issue/PR
> but not sure how it knows it was a merge. The relevant words in the message
> are "closes #20".

I was hoping that would happen when I wrote that commit line; I'll admit
that I didn't have very high hopes for it, though.

> Github has a way to refer to repos and issues, so this PR issue would be
> "apache/cordova-plugin-file-transfer#20" so if we added to the commit
> message "Closes apache/cordova-plugin-file-transfer#20" it should close the
> corresponding PR/issue (I hope).

Is the full repo name required? I thought that the example above shows that
it isn't, and we just need to ensure that we use one of the magic verbs and
mention the PR by number?