cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Voting on releases
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 09:26:38 GMT
It's unfortunate that there are a couple of -1's on the current release
VOTE thread at a time where the Cordova project is being asked to improve
their release processes. So as to avoid a potentially bad experience during
this vote I want to ensure the community is aware of the voting guidelines
for releases,

Specifically I want to remind the project that a release is not subject to
a veto. A -1 is not a veto, it is merely an indication that the individual
would prefer that the release be delayed to allow something to be fixed.

For a release to be approved it requires majority approval (that is at
least 3 +1's and more +1's than -1's)

When a -1 is cast other community members should consider the severity of
the issue identified and cast their vote accordingly. e.g. if someone
identifies a serious security hole then it is expected that most people
will cast their vote as -1 and the release will not happen. On the other
hand harmless errors in documentation would not be supported by many -1's
(the time is better spent fixing the documentation).

In summary a -1 on a release vote is used to raise awareness of an issue to
ensure it is fixed either in this release (if important enough) or in a
future release.

Thanks,
Ross

Ross Gardler (@rgardler)